Hello, new here.

Come and introduce yourself!
SuzyE

Hello, new here.

Post by SuzyE » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:13 am

Hi everyone! Glad to be here as I have a million questions and know the resource of this forum will be unvaluable.

When I was a teenager and lived in Portugal I purchased a yellow belly slider/red eared slider like possible so many people in the 90s. Ten years later I moved to UK and worried that my parents wouldn't look after it well (my mum dislikes reptiles) so managed to find him a home with a friend of a relative. However, my parents informed me that they heard the animals weren't being looked after properly and they knew I'd be upset so managed to get him back. He looks in a poor condition, no constant access to water (just to eat). He's visiting the vet this week to see how he is but all being well or reasonably well I would like to bring him over to the UK. I have found a transport company that will bring him over in October all being well health wise. So know I have to do a lot of research and have a million questions like: lifespan, what tank to buy and accessories, how to "pack" him for the journey, etc.

I also wanted to say I do feel guilty about not checking on him in the last 5 years, when I think things started getting worse but everything was fine before so I didn't think. Guilt won't help me now. I just want to give him a great life from now on. He's about 23-25 years old.

Thank you for having me and if you have any thoughts or ideas on this let me know :)

Julie
Photo Competition

Re: Hello, new here.

Post by Julie » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:50 pm

Hi Suzy

That's exactly how I ended up with Max - from a friend of a friend and now she's stuck with me for good and we think 17 years old. I would imagine that all the questions you have will be answered on here somewhere - it is an amazing source of information, from the basics all the way to "never in my wildest dreams" set ups!!!

Do come back if you have any unanswered questions - good luck ~trttle
Julie - "mother" of

0.1.0 Eastern? River Cooter - Max
0.1.0 Map - Eleanor Digby

And Photo Competition Controller (although not a very good one) - photo.competition@terrapin-info.co.uk