Saying hello from selby

Come and introduce yourself!
Vixtory75

Saying hello from selby

Post by Vixtory75 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:18 am

Hi everyone, I'm Vicky and I'm the proud mum to 5 adorable turtles.. I have my beloved Pappy he's a Cumberland slider, I bought him as an hatchling and he is now aged 4 years.. I also have Ernie a yellow bellied slider, he's a rescue also aged 4 years..then I have Luna a common musk turtle, she's a rescue that was suffering terrible shell rot when I took her in..she is 2 years old. My most recent rescues are 2 little Reeves turtles Ethan & Kane, they are just 15 months old.. I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone ~wink-smile

Neil
Administrator

Re: Saying hello from selby

Post by Neil » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:22 pm

Hello and welcome to the site and forum, great that your terrapins have all found a better home with you being rescues :)
0.1.0 - Chelydra serpentina
*.*.* - Graptemys ouachitensis
*.*.* - Pseudemys concinna
*.*.* - Pseudemys nelsoni
*.*.* - Trachemys scripta elegans
*.*.* - Trachemys scripta scripta

Vixtory75

Post by Vixtory75 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:27 pm

Thanks Neil, no doubt I'll be inundated with calls and private messages on Facebook with people asking me to take more in come spring.. I've finished my slider pond (1300 gallons) last summer and plan on building a musk turtle pond this year, I'll be in a better position then to offer permanent homes to a few more turtles.. The 4 rescues I have are ones I'm keeping, I've adopted 14 out in the last 3 years

Maria
Administrator

Post by Maria » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:06 am

Welcome to the forum! Your pond sounds amazing, would love to see pics :)
0.1.0 Pseudemys concinna concinna
1.0.0 Trachemys scripta scripta
2.6.0 Malaclemys terrapin terrapin