Southern Painted Turtle Interest.

Please do not try and sell common species when there are so many rescues needing good homes.
James
Advanced Member

Southern Painted Turtle Interest.

Post by James » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:59 pm

Hello everybody,

I'm picking up some chrysemys picta dorsalis hatchlings at the end of the month, and wondered if anyone wanted me to get one for them?

I'm not sure on numbers and can't provide pictures at the moment, so really just asking for you to register interest rather than send deposits etc. I will give them a full visual health check and ensure they've eaten several times before selling on. The price is £80 with collection from South East London.

Zekee

Re: Southern Painted Turtle Interest.

Post by Zekee » Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:16 pm

Would of been interested, but your price is extortionate.

Christoph from Germany will have these at Doncaster for £35! I have also been quoted €40 for some from Hamm. With courier to my door from Hamm would be £100.

If you can get a realistic price I may be interested.

James
Advanced Member

Re: Southern Painted Turtle Interest.

Post by James » Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:49 am

Sadly I'm not a breeder or even a retailer - this is simply an offer of assistance in acquiring this often difficult to source species, so I believe the price is relative to what's involved for me. Even if I do pick several up, I will happily keep them all to myself, so I wasn't looking to open a discussion about it which is why I put this in the classified section.

I would be keen to see some pics if you do pick some up from Doncaster or Hamm though.