Help. 2 terrapins need rehoming fast.

Terrapins offered "FTGH" - free to good home
phoenixhudson

Help. 2 terrapins need rehoming fast.

Post by phoenixhudson » Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:00 am

Yesterday I acquired through a 'friend' on Facebook a couple of terrapins and a setup in which I was assured was complete. Anyway they got here and not only was the setup not full, but they had grown too big for the tank.When I asked about care instructions then said they didn't know as it was their daughter's and she moved out leaving them behind. I need to rehome with someone sensible as I do not want to just send them out to just anyone, especially where it seems like they have not been getting the care they deserve.

Hendrix

Re: Help. 2 terrapins need rehoming fast.

Post by Hendrix » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Hello - where abouts are you.

Well done for taking them on - there's much that can be done with things around the home to keep them safe.
How big are they?
What is the setup?
What species?

Rest assured that if they've survived this far a few more days / weeks of the same won't hurt too much ~wink-smile

Take a deep breath, pat yourself on the back and it might be that as you've cared this much - you might find a way to keep them yourself - in ways more satisfying than you imagine!

phoenixhudson

Re: Help. 2 terrapins need rehoming fast.

Post by phoenixhudson » Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:00 pm

I live in south Wales.

I need to get a new bulb and a decent filter as the one they.gave me was broken. The tank is 4x1. They are yellow bellied. Also there was no way they could get out of the water which I sorted.