Unfortunately the time has come to rehome my pet.

Terrapins offered "FTGH" - free to good home
aarmstrong85

Unfortunately the time has come to rehome my pet.

Post by aarmstrong85 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:32 pm

I have a Red Bellied Cooter named Chesney who i took on. Unfortunately due to financial and living reasons i am unable to upgrade his tub to a suitable size for him. He is a big lad who is probably around 8 or 9 inches and would need to be put in a 6ft aquarium or a large turtle tub. Im not sure if his species would do well in an outdoor environment. I'm hoping an experienced owner who has the right kind of set up for a very large terrapin could take him on. Have grown pretty attatched to this little fella so i will not give him to a novice or first time owner. Its really not fair on him to have him stuck in a little tub with a low powered filter which doesn't do the job and a few of inches of water so he plods along and can't swim. The set up used to be perfect for him but due to his growth spurt and shitting like a dinosaur he now ends up smelling after a few days. He also seems really fearful lately everytime i walk past him and i think its to do with him being placed on the floor. If anyone can offer Chesney a home please message me. My mobile number is *********** and i live in leeds in the ls6 area. Can travel so if someone has a suitable home i can always deliver provided its not 100 miles away. Have some pics of him you can check out from another post a while back when his shell went a bit manky (its all sorted now). Thanks.