terrapin tank re-vamp

A place to chat about non-specific terrapin topics.
nickb21

terrapin tank re-vamp

Post by nickb21 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 5:47 pm

al alot of you know i rescued two male false maps and did the best i could for there housing well today i found an old tank in the shed and removed the side so i can use it as a land area here are some pics of the progress i have made now just waiting for sillicone to dry so i can carry on

Hendrix

Re: terrapin tank re-vamp

Post by Hendrix » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:42 pm

Just the job Nick! ~fn-hdbng
Looks like the land area tank is the perfect size! I'm going to look in my loft -I think I might be able to do something similar as mine outgrow their present basking area
I see you still have a water heater - do you need it? I suspect unless you're in an unheated outhouse room temp will be fine.
Enjoying this thread - maybe a before and after pic will help others later on ~wink-smile

nickb21

Post by nickb21 » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:51 pm

Hendrix wrote:Just the job Nick! ~fn-hdbng
Looks like the land area tank is the perfect size! I'm going to look in my loft -I think I might be able to do something similar as mine outgrow their present basking area
I see you still have a water heater - do you need it? I suspect unless you're in an unheated outhouse room temp will be fine.
Enjoying this thread - maybe a before and after pic will help others later on ~wink-smile
it is mate i just need to re-think the ramp as i dont think they can get out :( and the heater is only set to 20 just incase

Hendrix

Post by Hendrix » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:52 pm

you'll be surprised what they can climb up - especially with a bit of water buoyancy under them ~lgh-smil

Maria
Administrator

Post by Maria » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:03 pm

Is that thing stable? ~cnf-blink Otherwise great job, yeah if you can get a longer ramp then you won't need to have the water level so high that they might escape
0.1.0 Pseudemys concinna concinna
1.0.0 Trachemys scripta scripta
2.6.0 Malaclemys terrapin terrapin

nickb21

Post by nickb21 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 pm

i was proved wrong i cought them both out on it basking about half hour after i filled the tank :) maria it is stable yes ~lgh-smil