Finally some Emys Orbicularis...

Photos of terrapins and turtles that you have, or have seen.
Squirtle

Finally some Emys Orbicularis...

Post by Squirtle » Fri May 30, 2014 8:45 pm

It started in the early 90's, I was browsing through if memory serves a TFH book where I first read THEY HAVE WILD NATIVE TURTLES IN EUROPE!!! real wild free range aquatic rocks growing on tree's only a stones throw from my cold damp and British weathered home, I was absolutely fascinated by them from the get go. Jump forward to 2013 I finally talked my mrs into letting me build a turtle pond with the hope of watching Emys bask from my window but knowing these gems are treated as so by many elitists and to me they just seemed impossible to get. Almost everywhere I enquired either couldn't get them,the prices were extortionate, they were too far away or I just simply missed out on a sale and Hamm just never seemed practical for someone who has never been out of the UK. I almost gave up on ever being blessed with Emys I pushed it to the back of my mind, back to the top of my bucket list and then the sliders came flooding in to fill the pond. Jump forward again to a couple of weeks ago and an add on a Facebook group ...

Another bonus is I get to build another pond :D

And here they are getting bolder by the day https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0iY_FsjERA
Scott

Julie
Photo Competition

Re: Finally some Emys Orbicularis...

Post by Julie » Sat May 31, 2014 10:53 am

~clappy That is all!!!
Julie - "mother" of

0.1.0 Eastern? River Cooter - Max
0.1.0 Map - Eleanor Digby

And Photo Competition Controller (although not a very good one) - photo.competition@terrapin-info.co.uk

Neil
Administrator

Re: Finally some Emys Orbicularis...

Post by Neil » Sat May 31, 2014 12:29 pm

~aw-wub
0.1.0 - Chelydra serpentina
*.*.* - Graptemys ouachitensis
*.*.* - Pseudemys concinna
*.*.* - Pseudemys nelsoni
*.*.* - Trachemys scripta elegans
*.*.* - Trachemys scripta scripta

richardb