Please help water heater has broken and can't get replacement until 2 o'clock pm tomorrow

Anything that doesn't really fit into a specific category.
Andy buckland 91

Please help water heater has broken and can't get replacement until 2 o'clock pm tomorrow

Post by Andy buckland 91 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Hi to anyone that is listening and that could help me, just doing my weekly terrapin tank clean out and my water heater has broke in half and is busted beyond repair, as my little 6 month old boys are sitting in the bath tub waiting for me to pop them back in, I can't put them in to unheated water they will freeze to death, my first thought was to pop them into a shallow washing up bowl and place them by the heater overnight to maintain some heat as I live in Birmingham and it's cold at the moment, I can't get replacement heater until 2pm tomorrow evening
Please help
Many thanks Andrew

Neil
Administrator

Re: Please help water heater has broken and can't get replacement until 2 o'clock pm tomorrow

Post by Neil » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:51 pm

Sorry for missing this, I think my last check must have been just before you posted. A bit late now, however for future reference I figured I may as well answer anyway...

Presumably your terrapins are inside and have a heat lamp, so unless your house is unheated and therefore very cold, it is unlikely that they will care in the slightest about the lack of water heater unless you've just filled the tank with cold water, which incidentally is one of the most common reasons heaters fail (thermal shock). Certainly for one night there will not have been an issue, although I assume you now have the replacement (hopefully this will help make you feel better though), the only issue would be if they stayed very cold for several days shortly after eating.
0.1.0 - Chelydra serpentina
*.*.* - Graptemys ouachitensis
*.*.* - Pseudemys concinna
*.*.* - Pseudemys nelsoni
*.*.* - Trachemys scripta elegans
*.*.* - Trachemys scripta scripta

ChelseaKnight

Re: Please help water heater has broken and can't get replacement until 2 o'clock pm tomorrow

Post by ChelseaKnight » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:44 pm

Andy buckland 91 wrote:Hi to anyone that is listening and that could help me, just doing my weekly terrapin tank clean out and my water heater has broke in half and is busted beyond repair, as my little 6 month old boys are sitting in the bath tub waiting for pokiestar.com me to pop them back in, I can't put them in to unheated water they will freeze to death, my first thought was to pop them into a shallow washing up bowl and place them by the heater overnight to maintain some heat as I live in Birmingham and it's cold at the moment, I can't get replacement heater until 2pm tomorrow evening
Please help
Many thanks Andrew

Oh my dear, it was an awful situation...(